- » Eligibility & Requirements
- » Deadlines & Online Application
Outstanding high school sophomores or juniors who are traditionally underrepresented in science and engineering fields (Native Americans, Latinos, and African-Americans) and others who believe they would benefit from this program are encouraged to apply to the program. We accept and review applications from all applicants.
All applicants must meet the following requirements:
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Current high school sophomore or junior
- Excellent high school academic records
- On track to complete calculus and physics in high school
To be considered for admission to the YESS program, each applicant must submit a complete application by the postmark deadline.
A complete application includes:
- A completed online application (application must be completed by the student)
- Two recommendation forms (at least one letter must be from a math or science teacher) - download forms from the right hand column of this page
- An official copy of high school transcripts
- Copy of most recent standardized test scores (PSAT, SAT I, ACT or PLAN)
Please mail your application materials to the following address:
Caltech YESS Program
1200 E. California Blvd. M/C 255-86
Pasadena, CA 91125
We prefer that all materials be sent in one envelope, if possible.